Record Express Delivery collects and processes customers' personal data for the provision of parcel and freight delivery and to meet its contractual obligations, which include the delivery of parcels, the payment of services and the management of claims. You can use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org to ask what data we process about you or to request their correction, erasure or transmission. You do not agree with the way we process data about you? In this case you can contact the Data Protection Authority (email@example.com, www.autoriteprotectiondonnees.be). A more comprehensive overview of our data processing policy can be found at www.recordexpress.com.
I. General information
1 Identity and contact details of the controller and data protection officer
Record Express Delivery
Rue de la Bienvenue, 13
+32 2 331 05 05 - firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to contact the data protection officer, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or a letter to the above address.
Personal data includes information relating to persons or events concerning a natural person. Such information includes, among other things, name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. Information that does not refer to an identified or identifiable person - such as your favourite web pages or the number of users of a web page - is not considered personal data.
Applicable personal data protection legislation and commitment to confidentiality
As a postal service provider Record Express Delivery respects the confidentiality of the shipment.
4. Security Information
By implementing technical and organizational means, Record Express Delivery does its utmost to protect personal data from loss or misuse. Personal data is only processed by systems protected by security measures. Record Express Delivery updates its security and data protection measures as necessary in the light of technological progress.
II. Shipment and Recipient Data
1. Categories of data, purposes of processing of personal data and legal bases
In order to carry out the service of parcel and freight delivery and to respect its contractual obligations which include in particular the delivery of parcels, the payment of services and the management of claims, Record Express Delivery needs to collect information on its customers (contact details, information on the method of payment) or any other information necessary for the chosen service as well as on the recipient (name, address, postcode, city, country, telephone number and e-mail address). The information relating to the recipients of the parcels and the related documentation (location of the parcels at each stage of the routing) as well as the proofs of delivery collected by Record Express Delivery can be processed and recorded. Record Express Delivery uses the data relating to the parcels as well as the recipients in order to fulfil its contractual obligations. Any other use is prohibited.
Record Express Delivery receives the recipient's telephone number and address from the sender who commissioned Record Express Delivery. The sender of the parcel is therefore responsible for collecting the data from the recipient and obtaining his consent so that his details can be transferred to Record Express Delivery.
3. Data Sharing and Recipients
In principle, only the sender and the recipient are entitled to obtain information about the parcel being shipped. Record Express Delivery only passes on information to third parties (e.g. public authorities) if legally obliged to do so. Record Express Delivery will not sell or make personal data available to anyone. However, Record Express Delivery may, in certain cases, transfer personal data without notifying you in order to carry out the delivery mission. These personal data may be sent to the following recipients:
- Third parties having concluded a contract with Record Express Delivery and operating as subcontractors and the contracts concluded with its subcontractors contain appropriate measures for the protection of personal data.
- Third parties or authorities legally entitled to receive such information.
- Law enforcement agencies and public authorities in order to meet security requirements, or as part of legal proceedings to protect Record Express Delivery, or in the conduct of an investigation into a breach of Record Express Delivery's rules and policies, unauthorised access to or use of Record Express Delivery's equipment or any illegal activity.
4. Retention and erasure of data
Record Express Delivery processes personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose concerned. We determine how long we keep your data based on the following obligations:
- Operational requirements: the period during which the information is necessary to ensure the performance of our service.
- Legal requirements: period during which Record Express Delivery needs to retain the data in order to meet its legal obligations. Archived data is stored on secure databases that are only accessible to authorised personnel. At the end of the legal retention period, the personal data is deleted.
III. Use of the My Record Express Delivery website
1. Registering IP addresses
Each time a user accesses a Record Express Delivery web page, data is recorded in a log file. The following specific data is temporarily recorded :
- IP number of the computer used
- domain name
- date and time of access
- HTTP response code
- Visited pages (URL)
- operating system and its version
- browser and its version
- monitor resolution
The stored data is summarised anonymously for statistical purposes. These statistics are used to evaluate how the Record Express Delivery website is used by its visitors. In particular, they relate to the order in which web pages are visited, as well as the path chosen to navigate between two pages consulted. Record Express Delivery uses this information in order to determine methods to further improve the use and application of the website.
3. Google Analytics
4. My Record Express Delivery
Record Express Delivery differentiates fundamentally between an open and a closed area when using the website. Functions in the open area can be used without prior registration. The closed area partially supports the execution of a contract between the customer and Record Express Delivery and can only be accessed via a login file issued by Record Express Delivery. The open area offers the user, among other things, an e-mail contact form, the "Track and Trace" function. The data entered during an inquiry via the e-mail contact form, such as name, street, postcode, town, etc., are necessary for us to be able to process your request. Record Express Delivery will not pass on, sell or otherwise transfer your personal data to third parties, unless this is necessary for the implementation of the services described above.
IV. Rights of individuals, withdrawal of consent, exercise of rights, complaints to the Data Protection Authority
1. Rights of Individuals
Provided that the legal requirements are met, you have the right :
- To be informed of the processing of personal data concerning you and to have access to it (Right of information and access - Article 15 GDPR).
- To obtain the modification of inaccurate personal data (Right of rectification - Article 16 GDPR).
- To obtain the erasure of your personal data (Right to erasure - Article 17 GDPR).
- To request the limitation of the processing of personal data concerning you (Obligation to restrict the processing of personal data - Article 18 GDPR).
- To retrieve all personal data concerning you (Right of portability of personal data - Article 20 GDPR).
- To object to the processing of data on grounds of a legitimate interest, or on grounds of public interest (Right to object to data processing - Article 21 GDPR).
2. Withdrawal of Consent
In the event that your consent has been requested for the performance of the data processing, be aware that you are entitled to withdraw it at any time, without altering the legality of the processing of personal data based on the consent given prior to the withdrawal.
3. Exercising your rights
If you wish to exercise your rights in relation to personal data held by Record Express Delivery, or if you wish to withdraw a consent previously given, you can contact the Data Protection Officer of Record Express Delivery (see contact details above) explaining which right you wish to exercise so that Record Express Delivery can take the necessary steps to respect your rights. In order to ensure the exercise of your rights, Record Express Delivery may require you to prove your identity in order to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
4. Right to file a complaint
You are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority if you feel that your rights have not been respected (in Belgium: the Data Protection Authority, Rue de la Presse 35, 1000 Brussels, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel 02/274.48.00).
Amendment of the privacy statement
Record Express Delivery may change its privacy statement. Any such change will be communicated on our website. This privacy statement was last